Flood Dry Carpet
Flood Dry Carpet
Flood Dry Carpet Tips & Hints
In any event, some things you could do before our emergency teams arrive:
- Firstly, try to find and stop the water intrusion source.
- Try and identify the extent of the water damaged area. You can do this by tracing the pathways of the water to find where the damage has spread.
- Plan and start the clean up by collecting items from the floor. Find a spare room where some of the household/office items may need to be stored temporarily while the restoration is in progress.
- Leave books, magazines or other coloured items on wet carpets or floors which may stain the carpet.
- Use TVs or other household appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Leave wet fabrics in place; dry as soon as possible.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Moreover, do not try to DIY as it is usually a expensive mistake! With this in mind, simply call the experts 0800 783 266.
- Make sure an appropriate, licensed service company has been called to eliminate the water source or make necessary repairs as required.
- Turn off circuit breakers supplying electricity to wet areas; unplug and remove any small electrical devices on the wet carpet.
- Remove Oriental rugs or other coloured rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpeting.
- Additionally, uplift valuable paintings and art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Place aluminium foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Hang draperies and pin up furniture skirts to prevent watermarks, dye marks.
- Make plans for restoration crew to move large furniture to specified dry areas, if necessary.
- Gather loose items such as toys from floors.
- Then simply, call the flood experts
Call NZ Steam ‘n’ Dry flood dry carpet on 0800 110-282
Carpet Cleaning | Carpet Cleaners Guarantee | Auckland Carpet Steam ‘n’ Dry | About Us | Reviews | Blogs | Specials | Contact Us | Pest Control Auckland | Pest Control Auckland | The Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI) | Carpet Cleaning Auckland | Carpet Repairs Auckland | Flood Restoration Auckland | Our 55oC Carpet Clean kills Dust Mites | Upholstery Cleaning Auckland | Stain Removal Auckland | Fibre Stain Protection Auckland | Carpet Cleaners Auckland | Tile & Grout Cleaning Auckland | Auckland Carpet Cleaning | Over 55oC Carpet Cleaning kills Dust Mites